Visiting hours & directions
Your family and friends may visit daily between 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Intensive care and monitoring wards have specific visiting hours (information available in German). Some departments have specific visiting hours depending on the type of treatment.
- Public transport
Arriving by train and tram
- Tram lines 6, 9 and 10 to
ETH/Universitätsspital (main entrance at Rämistrasse 100)
- Tram line 5 to
Platte (around 450 m from the main entrance)
Map of each building at the University Hospital Zurich
Map of the UHZ (PDF, German)
The number of parking spaces at the USZ is very limited. Drop-off and pick-up alone are permitted in front of the patient admissions entrance.
Paid parking for visitors is available
at these locations (PDF, German). Free parking in the vicinity can also be found and reserved on the online parking website
- If you have a cold or the flu
Please follow these precautions –
even if you think you may only have the flu
- Stay at least one meter away from others.
- Wear a protective mask.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and blow your nose with a tissue.
- Dispose of the tissue immediately after use.
- Wash or sanitize your hands after any contact with your nose, tissue, face mask or nasal secretions.
- If there are no tissues at hand, sneeze or cough into your elbow.